It is a requirement that all candidates hold an appropriate benchmark qualification prior to enrolling in the Chartered Wealth Manager Qualification.
Appropriate qualifications acceptable for entry to the Chartered Wealth Manager Qualification, include the following:
- Investment Advice Diploma (IAD) or any other RDR compliant qualification, including a qualification that is RDR compliant with gap fill (even if the gap fill is not actually carried out)
- Any relevant Level 3 benchmark financial services qualification, such as the CISI's Capital Markets Programme (ie one including a regulatory paper and a specialist technical element)
- CISI Level 3 International Certificate in Wealth & Investment Management
- CISI Level 4 International Certificate in Advanced Wealth Management
- CISI Level 4 Certificate in International Advanced Wealth Management
- International Certificate in Wealth & Investment Management or International Certificate in Advanced Wealth Management.
- IMC Level 4 (without the need for CFA1)
- UK full accountancy and actuarial qualifications*
- MBAs/MScs in financial disciplines which have a strong investment related element that the CISI deems relevant
- Overseas qualifications where these are recognised by the FCA, eg FINRA, SAAJ, JSDA
- EFPA (European Financial Planning Association)
- Overseas qualifications where the applicant can demonstrate that the number of study hours, the form of assessment and the content (which should have a strong investment related element) are appropriate to prepare them for study at Masters level
- Any financial services related qualification (not unit) at levels 5-7 (e.g. the CISI Diploma)
- CWMA, the Certified Wealth Management Advisor Qualification
- CFP outside the UK
The Certificate in Corporate Finance does not meet the entry requirements for CWM.
We will not take into account experience, as the impact of this on the ability to undertake a high level professional qualification, cannot be known.
Qualifications offered for entry requirements must be obtained after 1st December 2001.
For further information about this requirement, please email email@example.com.